Say Hi to Paessler Building Monitor - the latest monitoring solution by Paessler
Originally published on September 15, 2021 by Patrick Gebhardt
Last updated on March 03, 2022 • 4 minute read
This fall, we at Paessler will release a brand new solution for facility managers and building owners: Paessler Building Monitor, which works with IoT (Internet of Things) devices to monitor buildings around the clock and automatically inform building managers of the need for action.
- All monitoring data (e.g., from smoke detectors, gas leak detectors, or devices that measure the conditions and air quality of rooms) is transmitted remotely and continuously and displayed in a user-friendly dashboard.
- What’s more, the software automatically sends a message or alert to the building manager whenever a predefined threshold value is exceeded.
- As a result, existing buildings become digitized and facility managers and building owners gain insights that help with both damage prevention and the identification of potential optimizations and savings.
Paessler Building Monitor is the first niche product released by us to accompany our line of network monitoring software.
“It's a real milestone, not only for us but for everyone involved in building management. Paessler Building Monitor is a first yet decisive step towards the digitalization of existing buildings. By continually collecting data, our software plays a key role in increasing the value of buildings in the long term. After all, the ability to quickly intervene in the event of imminent danger, and to constantly keep energy requirements to a minimum, makes buildings more attractive for the future.”
Helmut Binder, CEO of Paessler AG
Practical for the user: Paessler Building Monitor is a SaaS application and therefore operated and managed entirely by us. You won’t need any programming skills to implement the remote monitoring: thanks to an intuitive wizard, IoT devices in the building are easily connected to Paessler Building Monitor.
Once the software is set up, preconfigured threshold values allow for the building manager to be automatically informed at all times regarding the current – and possibly critical – conditions of the building.
Some other advantages of Paessler Building Monitor:
- Reduced costs and less lost revenue thanks to prompt detection of potential dangers
- Time-savings thanks to digital data collection without the need for on-site intervention
- Identification of potential energy savings
- Simplified compliance with government regulations (e.g., EED Energy Efficiency Directive)
- Reduction of operating costs – including insurance premiums
Would you like to learn more about Paessler Building Monitor and find out if it is the right solution for your business? Just contact us and we will find out what individual challenges your monitoring needs to meet.