Integration of SIGNL4 in PRTG extends the alarm notification functionality
Originally published on October 21, 2020 by Michael Becker
Last updated on October 21, 2020 • 12 minute read
When critical incidents happen in IT or production, every minute counts. PRTG already helps you to monitor your systems and to detect issues.
However, workers are not able to sit in front of a dashboard all the time. An email alert easily gets lost in the sea of other emails. An SMS message might not be loud enough to wake somebody up at night.
Therefore, SIGNL4 complements the existing alarm functions of PRTG to make sure the users responsible get the alert and all the required information to solve the issue – no matter where they are.
SIGNL4 & PRTG Network Monitor
By integrating SIGNL4 with PRTG you can now not only send alarms to the right people at the right time, but also see who is on duty and who has acknowledged the alarm. Team members can communicate within a certain alert and the annotations are available for the colleagues in the next shift. This is all possible within the SIGNL4 app.
- Automatically send alerts from PRTG Network Monitor to your SIGNL4 mobile app
- Easy integration with PRTG using an HTTP action or SMTP email
- Users can acknowledge and take ownership of critical events
- Communicate within an alert to address a particular problem
- Alerts are escalated in case of no response
- On-call scheduling to alert the right people at the right time
Even more: make your 24x7 on-call duty easier
Schedule your team’s on-call duties or shifts conveniently via drag and drop in your web browser. SIGNL4 will route alerts automatically to the right on-call engineers. Besides this, you can manually go on and off duty in the mobile app. SIGNL4 will also make sure there is always a minimum number of users on-duty. So, no alert goes unattended.
SIGNL4 also provides alert categories which are used to augment, filter and route alerts. For example, you can assign colors and icons for different alert severities or for affected IT systems. Categories also allow you to augment alerts with additional information like descriptions or a position on a map. You can even assign categories to certain users according to their responsibilities or expert knowledge. For example, network experts can be set to receive only network-related alerts while database specialists receive all alerts relating to your database systems.
Benefits of integrating SIGNL4 with PRTG
- Team members are informed immediately and automatically about critical events, no matter where they are
- Top-rated mobile app to "take your PRTG anywhere"
- Immediately see what is going on
- Acknowledge alerts for clear responsibility and transparency
- Integrated chat and contact options for collaboration between team members to solve the problem quickly and efficiently
- PRGT alarms are transmitted via push, SMS text and call, including relevant details
- Integration with Microsoft Teams and Slack for alert management
- Detailed alarm information in the SIGNL4 mobile app beyond what SMS can deliver
- Alerts can be augmented with additional information
- Alerts are escalated if there is no response within a configurable time
- Integrated on-call scheduling for automatic alarm routing to the right people at the right time
- Quick and easy integration with PRTG in minutes
How it works
SIGNL4 connects with PRTG Network Monitor via an HTTP request or an SMTP email. You can find a detailed description about the integration here:
Get the SIGNL4 app and start your free trial today: Test SIGNL4.
Alerting services or on-premises alerting software
In addition to the app-based alerting service SIGNL4, Derdack also offers Enterprise Alert, an on-premise software that can cover even the most complex alerting workflows and scenarios within an organization.
When critical systems fail or incidents happen, SIGNL4 bridges the "last mile" to your staff, engineers, IT admins and workers "in the field." It adds real-time mobile alerting to PRTG in no time. SIGNL4 notifies through persistent mobile push, SMS texts and voice calls with acknowledgement, tracking and escalation. Integrated duty and shift scheduling ensure the right people are alerted at the right time. Through convenient interfaces like email and webhooks, SIGNL4 adds mobile alerting and incident response capabilities to PRTG and other technical systems. SIGNL4 thus provides for an up to 10x faster and effective response to critical alerts, major incidents, and urgent service requests.
Our partner Derdack is an innovation leader in digitization, automation and mobilization of alert notification and incident response workflows. The company was founded in 1999 and has offices in Potsdam, Germany and Glen Allen, Virginia, USA. Its worldwide customers include companies such as Boeing, Daimler, BMW, Porsche, and many other well-known brands, as well as government organizations.
In combination with SIGNL4 you get the possibility to inform responsible teams quickly and reliably about critical conditions. This also includes alarm acknowledgement, escalation and tracking as well as team collaboration and integrated on-call planning.